The Masonic Knights Templar UK is an exclusive Masonic order for Master Masons. It is one of the four orders of chivalry in Freemasonry, which originated in England in the early 18th century. The other three orders are the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Cryptic Masonry and York Rite. The Masonic Knights Templar UK is a charitable and fraternal organization that is dedicated to the principles of Christianity and the preservation of Christian values. Its members strive to promote moral and spiritual development through charitable works, as well as providing support to worthy causes and organizations that have a similar mission.
The history of the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK dates back to the 12th century when nine noble knights formed a chivalric order to protect pilgrims travelling to the Holy Land. In 1717, four London based lodges met together and formed an organization called The Grand Lodge of England, which is considered to be the first official Masonic body in England. This was followed by a revival of the Order of Knights Templar in 1791, with ten members forming The Grand Conclave of England. This group was responsible for creating rituals and ceremonies which were in line with traditional Templar ideals.
In 1871, the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) was founded, unifying all existing Masonic lodges and orders throughout England. As part of this unified body, a new order was established called ‘The United Religious Military Order of The Temple’ or ‘Knights Templar’. This new order still holds true to its traditional values today, and is now recognised as an official part of UGLE.
Today there are many Masonic Templars in England who meet regularly for ceremonial rituals and events. Membership is open to all men who are Masons in good standing with UGLE and who have shown a commitment to the ideals of chivalry and service which are fundamental to Freemasonry.
What is the Masonic Knights Templar?
The Masonic Knights Templar is an appendant body of freemasonry that is based on the allegorical story of the Crusades, and it is the highest order of chivalry obtainable in the Masonic world. The Knights Templar are often immediately identified by their white mantles, eight-pointed crosses, and distinctive headgear. This order requires a deep commitment to Christian faith, morality, and the values of Freemasonry.
The origins of the Knights Templar trace back to 1118 A.D., when nine French knights led by Hugh de Payens created a monastic order in Jerusalem to protect pilgrims from bandits. Over time, these nine knights grew in numbers and wealth, becoming a powerful force for good throughout Europe. They eventually evolved into a quasi-military organization that fought in the Crusades and held immense wealth across Europe.
Today’s Masonic Templars are based on these original crusading knights but have adapted to modern times. The modern templar is expected to live a moral life according to Christian values and uphold high standards of conduct both within and outside his lodge. He should also strive to develop himself spiritually through study, contemplation, prayer, and service. Becoming a Knight Templar is an honor reserved for those who have proven themselves as exemplary Masons; one must have attained at least the level of Master Mason before they can be considered for membership in this order.
The Masonic Templars are involved in many charitable works such as raising funds for hospitals and providing aid to those in need. Their members also take part in special ceremonies such as coronations, investitures, knightings, dedications, dedicatory services for churches and other buildings as well as funerary services for deceased members.
In short, The Masonic Knights Templar are an important part of Freemasonry today – serving as an example of chivalry and faithfulness while helping others through their charitable works. Their members embody Christian values while striving to improve themselves spiritually through study and service work which makes them admirable role models within their communities.
The Three Degrees of the Masonic Knights Templar
Masonry is one of the oldest and most respected fraternal organizations in the world, and its members are held to a high standard. The Masonic Knights Templar is a special division within Masonry that consists of three degrees. Each degree carries with it a unique set of responsibilities and an elevated level of respect from other Masons. Here is an overview of the three degrees:
- First Degree: The first degree is known as the Appendant or Exalted rank, and typically requires that the candidate have been a Mason for at least two years prior to being accepted into this degree. This degree requires the candidate to swear an oath to uphold the laws and traditions of Masonry, as well as to seek out knowledge about their craft.
- Second Degree: The second degree is known as the Illustrious or Proficient rank. This rank requires that the candidate have knowledge of basic Masonic principles and practices, and also be familiar with symbolism associated with Freemasonry. In addition, they must swear an oath to remain loyal to their lodge, and abide by its laws.
- Third Degree: The third degree is known as Grandmaster or Knight Templar rank. This rank requires that the candidate have a thorough understanding of Masonic principles and rituals, as well as more advanced knowledge about esoteric symbolism associated with Freemasonry. They must also swear an oath to protect their lodge from any enemies who may seek to do it harm.
Each degree carries with it certain privileges in terms of how one interacts with other Masons. For example, members who have achieved Grandmaster status are able to preside over meetings and ceremonies at their lodge, while members who have only achieved Exalted rank may not be allowed to do so. In addition, each degree has its own set of rituals that must be followed when conducting meetings or ceremonies at a lodge.
Masonry has long been associated with values such as honor, integrity, loyalty, brotherhood, charity, and service to others. Members who achieve even one of these three degrees should strive for those values in all aspects of life in order to live up to the expectations associated with each level of membership in this ancient organization.
Becoming a Member of the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK
Joining the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK is a great way to show your commitment to the ideals of Freemasonry. The Knights Templar is an ancient organization that follows a set of principles and moral values, and its members are committed to upholding these standards. To become a member, you must first be initiated into Freemasonry and then progress through certain levels of advancement. Here is what you need to know about joining the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK:
• You must be a member of a recognised Freemason lodge.
• You must have completed your Third Degree as part of your initiation process.
• You must then formally join the Preceptory, which is the official body for members of the Knights Templar in England and Wales.
• You will then be expected to attend regular meetings and take part in ceremonial activities with other members.
• You may also be asked to take on additional responsibilities within the Preceptory, such as helping out at charity events or assisting with administrative tasks.
• Once you have been accepted as a member, you will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations set out by the Order. These include maintaining high standards of conduct at all times and refraining from engaging in any activities that could bring discredit upon yourself or the Order.
• Participation in any form of political activity is strictly prohibited, so it is important that you remain apolitical when taking part in meetings or activities associated with your membership.
By becoming a member of the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK, you are making a commitment to uphold its principles and values while also being part of an ancient organisation that has been around for centuries. It is an honourable way to show your dedication to Freemasonry and serve your community.
Joining the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK
The Masonic Knights Templar are one of the most prestigious and respected fraternal organizations in the world. Joining this organization carries with it a number of benefits, both personal and professional. Here are some of those benefits:
• Opportunity to network with like-minded individuals: By joining the Masonic Knights Templar, you will have access to a large network of members who share similar values and interests. This can be an invaluable opportunity to make new connections, build lasting relationships, and even expand your professional network.
• Enhance your knowledge: The Masonic Knights Templar provides a wide range of educational opportunities through its various programs and seminars. You will have access to materials that will help you deepen your understanding of Freemasonry, as well as other topics related to it such as philosophy, history, symbolism and more.
• Build a sense of community: Members of the Masonic Knights Templar enjoy a unique sense of camaraderie and brotherhood that is rarely found elsewhere. Through regular meetings and events, you can build strong bonds with other members and take part in activities that promote fellowship and companionship.
• Access exclusive benefits: As a member of the Masonic Knights Templar, you will be eligible for exclusive privileges such as discounts on travel arrangements or merchandise purchases from affiliated businesses. You may also be invited to special events or ceremonies that are not open to the public.
The Masonic Knights Templar is an organization worth considering if you’re looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally while making meaningful connections with others. With its wide range of benefits, joining this fraternity can be an enriching experience that can help you develop both personally and professionally for many years to come.
Events & Activities Organised by the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK
The Masonic Knights Templar is a group of members, who are part of the United Grand Lodge of England, and they organize a wide range of events and activities across the UK. These events and activities include:
• Social Gatherings: The group organizes social gatherings like dinners, barbecues, pub nights and quiz nights. These are aimed at helping members get to know each other better and create stronger bonds within the group.
• Charitable Events: The Masonic Knights Templar also organize charitable events to help raise funds for various causes. This can include bake sales, raffles, auctions or other fundraising activities.
• Educational Events: The group also hosts educational talks and workshops that focus on various topics related to Freemasonry. These are open to both members and non-members alike.
• Sport Activities: The Masonic Knights Templar organizes sport activities like golf tournaments, football matches or cricket games for its members to enjoy some friendly competition.
In addition to these regular events, the group also sponsors special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or memorial services for its members. This allows them to celebrate important milestones in their lives together with fellow Templars from across the country.
The Masonic Knights Templar is an active and vibrant organization that provides many opportunities for its members to connect with each other and engage in meaningful activities that promote friendship, camaraderie and charity work within their community.
Charitable Causes Sponsored by the Masonic Knights Templar in the UK
The Masonic Knights Templar is a charitable organization dedicated to serving the needs of those less fortunate. In the United Kingdom, they provide a variety of charitable initiatives that are aimed at supporting people in need and helping to improve their quality of life. These include:
• Supporting local schools and education services – The Masonic Knights Templar have been heavily involved in providing educational support for local schools. This includes providing financial support for school projects, running extracurricular activities and offering educational resources to enhance learning.
• Providing housing for vulnerable individuals – The Masonic Knights Templar offer housing assistance to individuals who may be facing homelessness or who require additional support during difficult times. They provide temporary accommodation, along with advice and guidance on accessing other services and support networks.
• Funding medical research – The Masonic Knights Templar have been actively involved in funding medical research around the world, with a particular focus on illnesses that affect children and young people. They are also actively involved in advocating for improved healthcare access and services in developing countries.
• Supporting charities across the world – The Masonic Knights Templar regularly donate funds to charities across the globe, helping them to continue their work and provide support to those who need it most. This includes both direct donations as well as indirect contributions such as sponsoring events or providing volunteers with time or training opportunities.
• Helping communities recover from disasters – The Masonic Knights Templar often step in to help those affected by natural disasters, offering aid packages, financial assistance and emergency relief when needed. They also assist with rebuilding efforts after these events, helping communities get back on their feet again as quickly as possible.
The Masonic Knights Templar is committed to making a positive impact on people’s lives both at home and abroad, providing help where it is most needed and making sure that everyone has access to essential resources they need to thrive. From supporting education initiatives through to aiding disaster recovery efforts, this organization has made an invaluable contribution towards improving the lives of many around the world.
Masonic Knights Templar Dress Code and Protocol for Visiting a Meeting in the UK
When attending a meeting of the Masonic Knights Templar in the United Kingdom, there are certain dress codes and protocols that should be observed.
• Formal clothing is expected from all visitors. This includes a suit and tie for men, or an appropriate dress for women.
• No hats or headwear should be worn inside the Masonic hall.
• Mobile phones should be switched off or set to silent mode.
• All visitors should arrive on time to ensure that proceedings can begin without disruption.
• Visitors are expected to remain respectful at all times during the meeting, and should not interrupt when members are speaking.
• If any questions are asked of visitors, they should answer honestly and respectfully.
• Visitors must not discuss any of the proceedings outside of the meeting hall, as this is considered a breach of protocol.
• Refreshments may be provided after the meeting has concluded, but visitors should not take any food or drink into the room during proceedings.
By following these regulations, visitors can ensure that their visit to a Masonic Knights Templar meeting will go smoothly and without incident. It is also important to remember that these regulations may vary between different locations, so it is always best to check with local protocols before attending a meeting in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
Final Words On Masonic Knights Templar UK
Masonic Knights Templar UK is a fascinating and captivating organization with a rich and vibrant history. Its members have been dedicated to preserving the values and traditions of the order since its inception in the 12th-century. The organization has established itself as one of the most important and influential religious organizations in the world. Its members have committed themselves to upholding brotherhood, charity, and service, while also providing education and support to those in need.
The Masonic Knights Templar UK has evolved over the centuries, adapting to changing times while still maintaining its core values of brotherhood, faith, and service. The Order is an integral part of Freemasonry and has played an important role in many areas of society. From providing financial aid to providing spiritual guidance, the Order has had a positive impact on countless individuals throughout history.
The Masonic Knights Templar UK continues to provide support and guidance to its members today. It is a testament to how far Masonry has come over the centuries that it still stands as a beacon of hope for many around the world. As we move into a new era of Freemasonry, it will be interesting to see how this unique Order continues to evolve with time while still staying true to its original mission.
In reflection: The Masonic Knights Templar UK remains an important part of Freemasonry today, having deep roots within our global society. It is truly inspiring that this Order has managed to stay relevant for centuries while still staying true to its core values of brotherhood, faith, and service. We can all look forward with anticipation at what lies ahead for this unique organization as it moves into a new era with fresh perspectives on old traditions.